Kohli excited about captaincy
India's Test captain Virat Kohli believes that he has always been a responsible batsman and that there was not a pressing need to tone down his aggression or change the way he plays
Kohli believed that his maturity was one of the reasons why he was given captaincy.
"As a batsman I have always been responsible with the way I play my cricket and it comes from wanting to win the game for the team every time I play. So I don't think I need to change too much in that aspect. I think that is one of the major reasons that the board thought that I could be the man to take up responsibility for the team.
"It all boils down to how you play your cricket eventually and that's the way I have always played my cricket, be it on the field, be it the way I bat, I always give my 100 percent. Putting in that extra effort in batting I don't think is required because I have always played in a responsible way for the team. And I will continue to that till the time I play for my country," said Kohli.
Kohli is also excited about his first full-fledged series as India captain.
Australia A Outplay India A by 10 wickets
Failing to put up any fight against a rampaging Australia A, India A suffered a 10-wicket loss in the second unofficial 'Test' to go down 0-1 in the two-match cricket series here on Saturday.
Starting on their overnight score of 267 for six, the Cheteshwar Pujara-led side crashed to 274 all out as pace spearhead Gurinder Sandhu (4-76) wiped the India A tail within the first half hour of the fourth and final day's morning session at the MA Chidambaram Stadium.
Needing 61 for a win, openers Cameron Bancroft (21 not out) and Usman Khawaja (41 not out) completed the formalities in double quick time.


No comments:
Post a Comment