Rajasthan Royals pacer S. Sreesanth and 41 others have been discharged by a Patiala House Court in New Delhi in the Indian Premier League 2013 spot-fixing scandal. The entire case has been dropped due to lack of evidence.
"No regrets, no complains against anybody, god-willing I will return to cricket. Hopefully I can take permission from BCCI to use their facilities again and regain fitness," Sreesanth told NDTV, who was in tears following the verdict.
"I know I have got movie offers but I am a cricketer first. I went through a lot. That's
all in the past. I would love to go to the national stadium tomorrow and just run there. (Discharged by Court, Sreesanth wants permission to use BCCI facilities soon)
I will make sure I am fully fit and bowl those outswingers again. I would like to thank my lovely daughter, wife and parents for their support," Sreesanth told media outside the court in New Delhi.
"I have been saying charges (against Sreesanth) are false from Day 1. Today is proof that Delhi police wrongly framed the players," said Sreesanth's lawyer.
Sreesanth's Rajasthan teammate Ankeet Chavan, who was also charged by the Delhi Police, said he was confident of coming back to cricket again.
"I want to play cricket. I know I have been in the news for movies and all that, but everybody knows that I am a cricketer first. I was just waiting, I was just making sure I don't get bogged down in life, I want to play cricket."
He promised that his trademark delivery will soon make an appearance: "I will make sure I am fully fit and bowl those outswingers."

No comments:
Post a Comment